Day 1: Introduction to Deep Learning

Hi, may be this is a silly question, I heard few times that deep learning deals with enormous amount of data. but machine learning too works on large amount of data. Do we have a benchmark that if data is more than this amount then it needs to be dealt with deep learning.

As I come from Oil & Gas sector, deep learning has several applications, one of them is drilling operations optimization which helps to save time which is crucial while drilling in harsh conditions and saves cost and also helps in taking crucial decisions on time.

2 Likes

Deep Learning have nothing to do with the amount of data, Machine learning uses algorithms to parse data, learn from that data, and make informed decisions based on what it has learned where as Deep learning structures algorithms in layers to create an "artificial neural network” that can learn and make intelligent decisions on its own

1 Like

Encountering error while installing pip on anaconda command prompt …how to resolve it

Language recognition and translation.

2 Likes

edit the requirements.txt file, it should be tensorflow-gpu==2.1.0 not tenserflow-gpu--2.1.0

4 Likes

Deep Learning finds its awesome applications in Image and Video processing because of the automatic feature extraction property.

My favorite application is GAN’s Deepfake.

1 Like

Deep learning uses in Sentimental analysis,ATM Card fraud detection.

1 Like

Credit Card Fraud Detection,

2 Likes

face unlock systems, voice unlocks, fingerprints use deep learning.

1 Like

It keeps on showing inappropriate version of pip with some additional errors

Media and news notifications on our smart devices - additional example of deep learning applications in our daily lives

1 Like

Media and news notifications on our smart devices are additional examples of deep learning applications in our daily lives

1 Like

I can not change my name of DPhi profile.
My name is: Md. Abul Ala Walid
In this site, they do not accept ‘’. ‘’ again they do not accept the space in first name. If i can not change my name as i desired then my certificate will also be with same wrong name. Then this certification become useless for me. Please solve the problem.

Deep learning is used on the research of prediction for the rain and other meteorological variables.

2 Likes

While using RNN for forecasting, it gives better results. In general we use simple time series forecasting or with some features like promo, holidays, price e.t.c as features.
But in RNN we give dimensions. For example if you are forecasting for an item in a store we give store attributes like location, competition index, affluence index, all other attributes related to store and also item attributes like item description, kind of item, seasonal/non- seasonal e.t.c.
All these forms a different layers making all items in a store and all stores distinct. This how RNN is used. In real life example Amazon DeepAR+ works on basis of RNN and outperforms many of the algorithms in forecasting when we give as much data as possible.

2 Likes

While using RNN for forecasting, it gives better results. In general we use simple time series forecasting or with some features like promo, holidays, price e.t.c as features.
But in RNN we give dimensions. For example if you are forecasting for an item in a store we give store attributes like location, competition index, affluence index, all other attributes related to store and also item attributes like item description, kind of item, seasonal/non- seasonal e.t.c.
All these forms a different layers making all items in a store and all stores distinct. This how RNN is used. In real life example Amazon DeepAR+ works on basis of RNN and outperforms many of the algorithms in forecasting when we give as much data as possible.

1 Like

very good introduction. I did not know many of the applications.
I think deep learning could be used in education, in judicial systems, in security and in many other things.

1 Like

Look in:

https://www.tensorflow.org/tutorials/structured_data/time_series

3 Likes

Cool to leave a configured environment.

Wonderful introduction to Deep Learning. Some of the real time examples are image rendering , x-ray analysis, DNA analysis.

1 Like